Translate

14 October, 2015

Live Simply

October cornucopia


We don't have Thanksgiving as a holiday here in New Zealand, and if we did it would likely be called Harvest Festival and held in April which is our autumn.

While I was colouring this image, I thought how fortunate we are here with good clean water & air, healthy food and no war.  It really does make me feel thankful, knowing what some people elsewhere in the world have to endure.


Image: From The Heart Stamps, coloured with Reno pens
Sentiment stamp: Hero Arts
Paper: Rosie's Kraft Basics

Shared on:
http://fromtheheartstamps.com/community/2015/10/02/free-stamp-of-the-month-october-2015/

http://addictedtostamps-challenge.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/challenge-166-anything-goes.html



.

3 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

I really like your post - we are indeed fortunate to live with clean water, good food and no war here in the States too. Your card is lovely. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

Anonymous said...

Lovely card. Great coloring and design. I agree with you, I am very thankful for those things too. Thanks for playing along at Addicted to Stamps & More. Melissa - DT

Jo said...

Hi Carol, we don't celebrate Thanksgiving either (UK), but we do have Harvest Festivals around this time of year.
I really like the bright colours you've used to colour this image. It really makes it pop!
Thank you for joining in the fun with us FTHS, I hope you will next month too.
Jo xx